Re: SGML entity mgmt stds

Subject: Re: SGML entity mgmt stds
From: Ralph Ferris <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 16:42:32 -0400
At 02:30 AM 6/14/99 -0400, Cees de Groot wrote:
>SGMLtools stores its (Python) scripts under misc/sgmltools. The rationale
>behind this is that {dtd,entity,stylesheet} are all "core" SGML thingies,
>which in a certain sense "belong" to the processing system, are accessed
>through catalogs, etcetera.

I'll make a quick reversal of my last message and go with this concept.
There are quite likely aspects to server-side processing that make a
separation of the stylesheets and other forms of "processing" desireable.
The issue isn't clear cut; the "non-standard" extensions to Jade that James
has provided for SGML transforms have to be included in the stylesheet.
Exactly how this might play out in a "live" environment remains to be seen.

Best regards,

Ralph E. Ferris
HyBrick Program Manager
Fujitsu Software Corporation