Re: page breaks and bottom alignment

Subject: Re: page breaks and bottom alignment
From: Joerg Wittenberger <Joerg.Wittenberger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Jun 1999 18:01:55 +0200
Thanks for your reply.

>> b) I have some trouble understanding the sentence (english is not
>> my native language) what's the "value flow object" here?  What size
>> is returned here?

TG> See section 12.4.6, and remind yourself that native speakers of
TG> English don't necessarily have that much of an advantage here.

I see.

TG> Option 1:

TG> Use display-size to adjust the space-after for the previous
TG> titles.  Since you have multiple FOs, wrap them all in a
TG> display-group:

TG> (make display-group space-after: (- optimal-space (display-size))
TG> ;; Your FOs go here )

As I really have to deal with a simple-page... I choose that option.
But there seems to be a bit difference between theory and jade:

jade:/home/doc/common/style/dsssl/tip/print/common.dsl:239:17:E: 2nd
argument for primitive "-" of wrong type: "#<unknown object
145012896>" not a quantity

Line 239 reads:

    space-after: (- 3cm (display-size))

Thanks