Re: Scheme Programming Reference

Subject: Re: Scheme Programming Reference
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 20:06:39 -0500
Quoting Jack Fitzpatrick <jfitzpatrick@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >    Ideally, the annotated standard would make up the latter part of
> > such a book, and the first part(s) would be chapters which explain the
> > larger concepts which (at least to a point) transcend the standard.
>
> Even if annotated, the DSSSL spec will still be unreadable.  I need
> something more like "DSSSL for Dummies".

   Well, by annotated I mean that the book would have a paragraph or
two from the standard, then just as much (if not more) text which
basically says "what they mean here is..." in far less technical, more
descriptive language, perhaps with examples and other tools to make
the ideas clearer.

-Brandon :)