Re: Scheme Programming Reference

Subject: Re: Scheme Programming Reference
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 21:17:00 -0400 (EST)
At 22 Jun 1999 12:40 -0500, Brandon Ibach wrote:
 >    I have contemplated the idea of writing such a book, but as you
 > say, there probably isn't enough of a market for such an item to
 > convince a publisher to fund the writing, and I am far too busy with
 > my "day job" to find the time to take on such an ambitious task.  The
 > best I can hope to do is find some time to contribute to Mulberry's
 > documentation project (which I have been quite a failure at so far).

The idea behind the DSSSL Documentation Project
(http://www.mulberrytech.com/dsssl/dsssldoc) is that hardly anyone has
time to write a DSSSL book, but even people with a little free time
can contribute to the Documentation Project so we can build a body of
DSSSL documentation a piece at a time.  The reality is closer to
no-one making time to write a DSSSL book and extremely few people
having had the time and energy to contribute to the Documentation
Project.

I still believe that the DSSSL Documentation Project is a good idea,
but it is in desperate need of revitalising.

There was also talk of a FAQ a couple of months ago, but I haven't
heard anything about it for quite some time.  Does anyone know where
that's up to?

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632