RE: Scheme Programming Reference

Subject: RE: Scheme Programming Reference
From: abowhill@xxxxxxxxxx (Allan Bowhill)
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:02:09 -0700
Whatever is done, there should be good illustrations.

In Neil Bradley's "XML Companion", he has a section on DSSSL styles in
his dicsussion of what was carried over to XSL.

He describes a few flow objects used by XSL, and each (or most) of the
examples have illustrations showing the components or processes
involved. This helped me quite a bit.

DSSSL is quite abstract and hard to visualize, no matter how good the
description is. A text that describes a standard that deals with layout
should by nature contain illustrations of almost Everything.

--Allan