Re: Scheme Programming Reference

Subject: Re: Scheme Programming Reference
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 21:19:36 +0100 (BST)
Beate Woerl writes:

 > I'm afraid you're all digging DSSSL's grave if you can't bring
 > yourselves to publish.
writing good tutorial books is very hard. it happens that the DSSSL
community has not yet thrown up the person who combines expertise with
writing skill with interest. If it hadnt been that the big money
whored off after developing XSL, I am sure something like Paul
Prescod's tutorial would have developed, or Jon Bosak would have
written something. Its one of the dangers

 > throw myself into the standard
 > and try to survive it, but perhaps someone is saving future Janes from this
 > horrible fate.
Jane can read the tutorials by Prescod and German, can't she? having
been inspired by the chapters in various books [1].

Sebastian

[1] <commercial>
"The LaTeX Web Companion", Goossens and Rahtz, Addison
Wesley, 1999, has a section on typesetting from XML. It talks about
DSSSL, XSL etc. It has, I claim, the first properly
published description of JadeTeX. Plus the book has of course lots of
other good things too
</commercial>