Re: Scheme Programming Reference

Subject: Re: Scheme Programming Reference
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:01:10 +0100 (BST)
Adam Di Carlo writes:

 > This is incorrect.  Since government funding was used in the
 > production of the DSSSL spec, it is therefore under public domain.

It may be perhaps useful to remind list members that the world has
a number of sovereign nations, each of which has a government; that
ISO is an international organisation; that at least one of the authors
of DSSSL is a UK citizen. do please lets keep the list international
and not refer to "government".... :-}

like does Web forms which ask for an address and reject mine because
it has no "state" or "zip code" (whatever those might be; i mean,
"a state" is something my partner gets into if I eat messily, and a "zip"
is how i fasten my trousers; why do I need a code for it?)

 > AFAIK, distribution of the DSSSL spec is perfectly legal.  Even

James Mason slapped me down something proper when I put up a
formatted PDF version of the DSSSL spec on the Web 2 or 3 years ago. I
assume he knew whereof he spoke.

Sebastian