Re: tex memory limits

Subject: Re: tex memory limits
From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Jun 1999 19:50:30 -0400
Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Looks like fixing texmf.cnf -- but wait, I did, I have:
> >
> > main_memory.context = 1100000
> > main_memory = 2630000 % words of inimemory available; also applies to inimf&mp

You need main_memory.jadetex.

> > (that is one 0 more than initially), than I ran "texconfig init", but
> > this all does not change anything.
>
> Are you sure texconfig has produced a new jadetex format ? Or maybe
> there is a main_memory.jadetex entry hiding somewhere in your texmf.cnf ?

Joerg, you are running Debian, right?  The new tetex packages in
potato (unstable) ship with jacked up memory limits for jadetex and
pdfjadetex by default, but you have to tell the system to install the
new /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf.  Or you can manually merge the two.  Let me
know if you need to see what settings come stock now...

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>