Re: HR element

Subject: Re: HR element
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 12:45:34 -0400
/ Nik Clayton <nik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
| > I can think of two elements that are good candidates for tag
| > abuse: anchor and beginpage.
|
| I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but wouldn't this be a good use
| for a processing instruction?
|
|     <?html literal="<br>"?>
|
| Or something like that?

Yes, and that's what I'd recommend if DSSSL implemented the
query construction rule that would fire when PIs are
encountered. As it stands, randomly inserted PIs are entirely
overlooked by my DSSSL stylesheets.

The PIs it does look for (<?dbhtml ...>) have to be inserted
in specific contexts where I look for them. Bummer.

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | We dance around in a ring and