RE: About Constructions rules

Subject: RE: About Constructions rules
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:22:32 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

There have been some discussion about the semantics of the
query-construction-rule. Brandon Ibach and Frank A Christoph explained
this and the processing of nodes well, so I won't do anything about it.

As Mathias Clasen siad, what I wanted to point out was that sgml-document
node returned in Dieder PH Martins example would never be processed.
Ofcourse, this is clearly stated in the specification and IMHO there is
nothing open for "interpretation" here.

I haven't read many standards at all, but I learned one thing. They are
not written to be easy to read and one have to read them very carefully
taking every word into account. Indoubtedly there are errors in the spec,
but in general I find it very well written (but I'm no expert on how
standards should be written...)

Sory if I have a "teaching attitude", but I think we have to be very
careful when we say that something is not specified and go out in fantasy
land.

Regards,
/Peter

--