RE: (commercial) applications using DSSSL

Subject: RE: (commercial) applications using DSSSL
From: Pieter Rijken <pieter.rijken@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 09:57:46 +0200
Hi Didier,

> Hi Peiter
>
> We are developing such tool that is integrated in the future
> release of the
> Document Explorer. By GUI, do you mean some kind of form that
> present you a
> list of elements, then if you select an element you can set
> the type of flow
> object associated to it and all the characteristics associated to this
> object. When completed, the DSSSL code is generated.

Yes, this is what I had in mind. Actually, _any_ GUI tool that hides the
DSSSL code would be fine.

> Is this what you think of a GUI tool? If you have any idea or
> suggestion,
> feel free to express your needs, I'll see how I can
> accomodate this in the
> actual design.

When I was thinking this through, last night, I figured that a direct
mapping from elements to flow objects plus their characteristics
is not a problem.
However, defining a usefull GUI for interfacing to the SDQL part
of DSSSL might not be easy. For instance, mapping an element to the
contents and values of elements and attributes located elsewhere
in the document.

> PS: I'll be back monday, so I'll be able to answer you then.
> For couple
> days, I am on my bike for a 400 kilometers ride and no place
> for a portable
> :-)

A couple of years ago I saw this program on a man travelling on his bike
through the US. He had a computer on his bike powered by the 'dynamo'
(I do not know the English word :-( ). He also had a satellite
connection.....
A nice christmas present? ;-)

best regards,

pieter

--
Pieter Rijken                          E-mail: pieter.rijken@xxxxxx

CMG Telecommunications and Utilities B.V.
Division Advanced Technology
Nieuwekade 1-19
P.O. Box 8038                 Phone: +31 30 2339300
3503 RA Utrecht               Fax:   +31 30 2339495
The Netherlands

DISCLAIMER: This statement is not an official statement from, nor
            does it represent an official position of, CMG
            Telecommunications and Utilities B.V.