RE: selecting PCDATA elements

Subject: RE: selecting PCDATA elements
From: MARK.WROTH@xxxxxxxxxxx (Wroth, Mark)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 08:46:03 -0700
Nicholas Weininger asked:

I've got a (probably simple) DSSSL question. I'm trying to process a certain
element (defined in our custom DTD) which has a content model like:

<!ELEMENT element_foo - - (foo1, #PCDATA, foo2)>

and I want to select out just the #PCDATA for processing. So I want to do
something like
(process-node-list (select-elements (children (current-node)) "PCDATA"))

except that that doesn't work. (Nor does making it #PCDATA, removing the
quotation marks, etc.)

How do I do this? *Can* I do this?

-------------

I suppose modifying the doctype to something like

	<!ELEMENT element_foo - - (foo1, foo_data, foo2)>
	<!ELEMENT foo_data    o o (#PCDATA)>

has crossed your mind?  Obviously, I don't know what the application is, but
it appears to me that this would be transparent to the authors (i.e. an
element_foo would look exactly the same in the instance; I'm assuming that
the logical close of foo1 and the logical open open foo2 cannot be omitted).

Otherwise I suppose I would try to select all of the children of element_foo
*except* foo1 and foo2....

Mark