Re: About Constructions rules

Subject: Re: About Constructions rules
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:31:32 +0200

> Interesting.  I just experimentally added a one-liner to configure.in
> to look for libpthread and if found, enable SP_USE_PTHREADS.  I'm
> testing this out now.  I guess we might want to think about (for

Nice, I thought about that myself, but didn't do it.

> OpenJade) whether we want to in fact *assume* threading is desired if
> available (which is the the current assumption for Win32 and MACH),
> and, if so, whether we need to allow a configure switch to disable
> it...

I think the default should be to not enable MT, but that's just my opinion.

> I'd be happy to patch configure.in to suit for OpenJade.  Let me know
> how the defaulting should work.
>
> BTW, Matthias, I don't know if we're enabling the MIF and HTML
> backends by default in configure.in...  don't we need to change this
> to match the Win32 build?

The post-pre3 cvs already contains the necessary changes. I switched to using a nice m4
macro (smr_SWITCH) which creates --enable-xyz/--disable-xyz with a settable default.

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606