Re: Need help for the query example

Subject: Re: Need help for the query example
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:43:13 -0500
Quoting Didier PH Martin <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> this time this is me that need help. I am maybe too tired but cannot find a
> query-expression that would return a processing instruction singleton
> node-list to be pattern matched with a processing instruction grove node.
> What I cannot find is the query-expression that would return a particular
> type of processing expression, so that a the rule would process only a
> certain kind of processing instruction.

   Well, beyond checking the class of the node to make sure it's a PI,
processing instructions really don't have any "structure".  As far as
DSSSL is aware (it doesn't have any concept of PI "namespaces" or
anything like that, that I'm aware of), a PI is just a PI.  So, if you
want to look for certain attributes within the data of the PI, you'd
probably just have to examine the data through whatever DSSSL/Scheme
mechanisms would allow you to determine if it's what you're looking
for.  If DSSSL doesn't have a built-in function that will give you the
data of the PI (don't know... too lazy to look at the spec right now),
you may just have to figure out (perhaps from that long, obnoxious
section of Chapter 9 that dumps out the SGML Property Set) which
property of the node contains the data, and grab that.

-Brandon :)