RE: Need help for the query example

Subject: RE: Need help for the query example
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 20:11:23 -0400
Hi Matthias,

Matthias said:
You could select specific pi's by filtering based on the properties of
pi nodes, more specifically on system-data, I think. Btw. I found the
properties of pi nodes using the quite remarkable online version of
the sgml property set at http://www.hytime.org/materials/sgmlpropset.

Didier says:
thank for the reference Matthias, I forgot this was available. But I still
have problems with the query-expression. Let say I want to see if the
current node is a processing instruction and more particularly to associate
action to processing instructions like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/dsssl" href="../myscript.dsl"
media="screen,pdf"?>

Then, if I have a query-expression like this:

(query (node-property "systemData" (current-node))
	do something....
)

Then, I can match based on the property SystemData that all PIs have.
However, the current-node is set in that case to current-root, thus, it wont
be the current node.

I am lost and get no examples anywhere.... I really need help to create a
valid query-expression and finish the construction rules document (there is
a big bunch of others that are waiting :-) that makes sense (if we want
others to not get lost)

How would build a query that match the PIs above?

thanks
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com