Re: About Constructions rules

Subject: Re: About Constructions rules
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 03:38:18 -0500
Quoting Daniel Mahler <dmahler@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> >    Here, <htmlscript> has been declared in the DTD to have a content
> > model of a single <html> element, but with all of the scripting
> > elements (which are architectural elements from the scripting
>
> That makes it clear.  Actually, I just did not know about inclusions;
> they are not in XML.  I just read up on them now.

   Actually, inclusions are considered to be kind of bad form in SGML
design, I believe, but as a brute force method of making this work,
they could do the trick, I think.  A more elegant approach would be a
good thing(tm), if one could be found.

> I have read something on short references.
> My undertanding is that you could set up short refences
> for architectural variable dereferencing and array access tags
> in the SGML Declaration.
> Alternatively you could have a single architectural tag for complex
> expressions, again with a suitable short form.
> You would probaly want to declare a notation type for this tag.

   This may be a better way to go, though the entity reference
approach may be usable in more places (have to go back and study that
a bit).  It's definitely one of those "needs more thought" kind of
areas. :)

-Brandon :)