Landscape tables

Subject: Landscape tables
From: "Weininger, Nicholas (MN65)" <weininger_nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:11:30 -0500
Hi,
	I'm converting (from Word :-(  )  a document into a
slightly-modified version of DocBook 3.1 and attempting to format it using
Mr. Walsh's wonderful DSSSL stylesheets and Jade. This document contains a
very large table, one which is too wide to fit on a portrait page but will
fit on a landscape page. In the original Word document, section breaks
before and after the table allowed the table to be displayed in landscape
mode while the rest of the document remained in portrait mode.

My question is: how do I do this with DocBook and DSSSL? Simply doing

doesn't appear to do anything, and indeed a quick look at the DSSSL code
doesn't turn up any handling of the "orient" attribute. Do the Modular
DocBook Stylesheets just not support landscape tables? Would hacking the
stylesheets to do landscape orientation be at all feasible? Does Jade even
support landscape output at all?

Thanks,
Nicholas Weininger
weininger_nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS: Thanks to those who responded to my previous posting on the list-- it
was very helpful. I eventually took out the mixed content, making life much
easier.