Re: footnotes

Subject: Re: footnotes
From: Chris Maden <crism@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:41:18 -0400 (EDT)
[Holger Klawitter]
> I am confronted with the following type of footnotes.
>
> <!ELEMENT fn - - (#PCDATA)>
> <!ATTLIST fn
> 	type	numeric|square|dagger	#required
> >

> Is there any reasonable way to accomplish this?

Have you tried node-list-filter?

(node-list-filter (lambda (snl)
                    (match-element? '("fn" ("type" "numeric"))
                                    snl))
                  (select-by-class (preced (current-node))
                                   'element))

Then you can count that list; (select-by-class) tends to have pretty
good performance, and you won't need to manually iterate over all the
<fn>s.

-Chris