Re: Appending path to a filename resolved via entity ref

Subject: Re: Appending path to a filename resolved via entity ref
From: Andreas.Saremba@xxxxxxxxxxx (Andreas Saremba)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 14:38:17 +0200
Joseph wrote:
How can I tell Jade where to look for graphics?

Mark wrote:
> Pomade has some facilities that appear to be relevant to
> this.  I haven't tried to use them, but they may be worth looking at.

This is doing a bit too much honour to Pomade, at least up to
yesterday. Yes, it builds a Jade call and includes a list of search
directories (-D option), but these can be specified only relative to
a (constant) base directory. I have, however, enhanced the syntax
now, so you can specify SEARCH_DIRS_BASEREL (relative to base dir as
before) and SEARCH_DIRS_DOCREL (relative to the document directory).
This does not enhance Jade's capabilities, of course, but it saves
you typing all those names.

When testing this new feature, I found that it works fine with the
RTF backend which generates absolute path names for the images, but
not with the SGML backend responsible for the HTML output which
faithfully (and verbatim) copies the image name given in the SGML
source. Is there something I am overlooking with Norman's stylesheets
or with Jade?

You will find the next public release of Pomade (V0_09) once it has
got a bit of testing at http://www.saremba.de/pomade . This should
happen next week.

Andreas