one file into many

Subject: one file into many
From: "Darrell W. Royter" <droyter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 11:51:12 -0400
I have yet another question to post for you all...

I have one SGML file, and I want jade to process the file by breaking it
into multiple files at a given element. For example, if I had a giant
cookbook in SGML, and I wanted to split the book based on the meal, so I
would have one for breakfast, one for lunch recipies, and a third for
dinners. The structure might look like this :

<BOOK>
<MEAL>Lunch
<DISH>Peanut Butter and Jelly</>
</>
<MEAL>Dinner
<DISH> Fried Chicken</>
</>
</>

It would of course be more involved than that, but you get the idea. If I
were to use Jade to output this as rtf, I could define the make-simple-page
sequence on the MEAL element, but that woud only put in a page break for
each occurance of MEAL. I want Jade to output a new file when it comes
across the MEAL tag.

Can this be done? I have looked through some documentation, and nothing
jumps out at me as the answer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Darrell