RE: About multiple output documents from a single XML/SGML processed document

Subject: RE: About multiple output documents from a single XML/SGML processed document
From: "Frank A. Christoph" <christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 23:16:18 +0900
> Finally, do not loose sight that we are now actively, preparing DSSSL-2
> draft specifications.

"We" are? All I remember is that we were discussing the meaning of query
construction rules, you suggested some sort of extension to the semantics,
someone mentioned that DSSSL would be undergoing ISO review in a little
while, and suddenly the word DSSSL-2 started floating around.

> That DSSSL is not any more an interesting fossil but a
> living organism and the next step is the new draft specification. This new
> draft specification should not be a simple photocopy of DSSSL-1
> but can and preferable should include new improvements and not solely
minor
> specifications corrections.

What exactly are the changes that are on the table for DSSSL-2?

--FC