Re: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs

Subject: Re: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:05:03 +0000 (GMT)
Didier PH Martin writes:
 > a) XML-dev a presentation about the OpenJade project, its collaborators,
 > what's happening now, and some reflections about the next DSSSSL-2
 > specifications.

Much as I applaud all this work on Open Jade, I too am uneasy about
the way "DSSSL-2" seems to be gaining some kind of life of its
own. I think a clear distinction should be made between

+ OpenJade, a new product based on Clark's Jade, implementing DSSSL
  better and better
+ OpenJade extensions to DSSSL, like Clark's extensions (which are
  clearly necessary)

- A revision of DSSSL
- A unnamed DSSSL-like language

I really do not think an unchartered group should abrogate to itself
the ISO DSSSL  name, and start calling an extended language DSSSL-2.

we have probably been here before. it just makes me uneasy,
politically. direct action is not justified at this point.

Sebastian