RE: Unix login name and full name into output?

Subject: RE: Unix login name and full name into output?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:06:17 -0400
Hi Brandon,

Brandon said:
   This gives me an interesting extension idea.  What do the OpenJade
gurus think of an extension process (like James' (debug), such that it
would only be available if declared in the user's stylesheet) which
would return the root of a grove containing information about the
environment in which Jade is running.  This would include access to
environment variables and other such system information.  We could
even leave parts of it open to other extensions, such as a web server
being able to provide access to pre-parsed name-value pairs from GET
and POST operations, or even more esoteric stuff such as a way to get
input from an interactive user (I know... that's getting a bit far out
there, but I'm just rambling on the possibilities).
   Thoughts, comments, flames...?

Didier says:
Even if we are knee deep with all the things to do in OpenJade. I'll try not
to be paralyzed by this and look at your idea with a fresh approach. Indeed,
to get access to environment variables is something quite useful especially
in a HTTP server context. This means that we would have an object on top of
the document object in the grove. Not necessarily easy to do with the actual
OpenJade state but surely interesting to have.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com