Re: Unix login name and full name into output?

Subject: Re: Unix login name and full name into output?
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:27:09 -0500
Quoting Didier PH Martin <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Even if we are knee deep with all the things to do in OpenJade. I'll try not
> to be paralyzed by this and look at your idea with a fresh approach. Indeed,
> to get access to environment variables is something quite useful especially
> in a HTTP server context. This means that we would have an object on top of
> the document object in the grove. Not necessarily easy to do with the actual
> OpenJade state but surely interesting to have.

   In theory (if my understanding of OpenJade's internals is correct),
this should be quite simple.  OpenJade supposedly uses some type of
generic interface to groves.  SPGrove is an in-memory implementation
of this interface based on SP.  Could we not create a new
implementation of this interface which would pull in the appropriate
information when requested via SDQL?  My question would be what
OpenJade's abilities are as far as interfacing to multiple grove
implementations in a single session.  In other words, could the object
returned by (environment-grove-root) (or whatever we call it) somehow
indicate which grove implementation serves that grove?

-Brandon :)