Re: shlib naming (was Re: OpenJade 1.3pre1 (Beta) Released)

Subject: Re: shlib naming (was Re: OpenJade 1.3pre1 (Beta) Released)
From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Aug 1999 21:34:27 +0200
Adam Di Carlo <adam@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

|   I must again strongly point out that we oughta to change the
|   shared library names in OpenJade so they don't conflict with Jade's.

I like to second your wish (speaking for SuSE); for the near future I
like to offer these packages at the same time.

At least, please increase the version number of the libraries.

(I already "complained" via private e-mail when I wrote an bug report on
openjade 1.3pre1).

|   BTW, it could also be argued that we should rename our commands,
|   e.g., jade to openjade, nsgmls to opennsgmls, etc.

Using autoconf/configure, it should be possible to choose the "prefix"
via --program-prefix={o,open}.  I've to admit, I didn't check whether
this mechanism works for openjade.

--
                                             work   :        ke@xxxxxxx
Karl Eichwalder                              private: ke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx