Re: Linkable footnotes?

Subject: Re: Linkable footnotes?
From: "Christof Drescher" <drescher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:18:56 +0200
Hi,

a couple of days ago I posted a question about linking footnotes properly,
which did not work since there is no "make anchor" or somthing similar
available at the moment.

After a couple of days, I suddenly realised a proper solution:

For moving the footnotes, which normaly are part of the "main text" like

This is version 92.55<footnote>Gee, what a number!</footnote> and available
at ...

to a separate place and having a proper link for traversing, I first do a
dsssl-based transformation into another sgml-document and group the
footnotes seperately. The used script is pretty straight-forward, but it
helps a lot.

The result is then:

This is version 92.55<xref target="footnote22"> and available at ...
[...]
<appendix>
<annotation id="footnote22">Gee, what a number!</annotation>

Just that no unanswered questions stay on the list... :-)

Christof Drescher
Pro Image GbR, Marburg, Germany