RE: More objects in header/footer

Subject: RE: More objects in header/footer
From: Avi Kivity <Avi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:45:55 +0300
On Tuesday, August 24, 1999 11:34, Christof Drescher
[SMTP:drescher@xxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> From: Jakub Nosek <nosek@xxxxxx>
> > is there any possibility how to place something more (table, picture
> > etc.)
> > than inline object into header (e. g. center-header) or footer ?
>
> Hi Jakub,
>
> sorry, no. The DSSSL-specs clearly state that (12.6.3):
>
> any-header/footer : is an unlabeled sosofo containing only inlined flow
> objects ...
>
> Sorry, we'll have to wait for page-sequence... :-)

The included-container-area flow object class can convert a sequence of
displayed flow objects into an inline flow object, so page-sequence isn't
strictly required. Of course, i-c-a is not implemented.

There is a curious antisymmetry between paragraph and i-c-a: one converts
inline fo's to displayed fo's, and the other vice-versa. No other flow
object class (that I'm aware of) does this.

---
"The only words which have meaning are the last ones spoken"