Re: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs

Subject: Re: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 15:09:26 -0500
Quoting Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I think a proper way to transform all rules into query rules
> without risking overflows would need a slight extension of
> the priority expression: Allow it to be a pair (or even list)
> of numbers, sort them lexicographically. Maybe that
> is the `abstract query rule' Avi was thinking of.

   Well, yes... that would be a lot easier.  I guess I was just
playing the "can you do it with what you have" game. :)  The other
possibility would be to leave the query rule alone, and modify the
engine so that it will accept either a number or a pair for the result
of the priority expression, and convert the number to a pair,
supplying a default value for the other item, and handling priority
via the pair method.  Same basic effect... not sure which one would be
superior, in the end.

-Brandon :)