Re: DAVENPORT: sgml2latex for docbook?

Subject: Re: DAVENPORT: sgml2latex for docbook?
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:34:22 +0100 (BST)
 > David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
 >
 > > The politically correct way is to use font metrics that don't specify
 > > a ligature from -- to an endash, but failing that you can use the latex
 > > command
 > >
 > > \@noligs
yes. I am fairly sure I tried that, and come to grief for
some reason.

 > > Just make sure you never need to use - in a number as in \vskip -2pt
 > > within the scope of \@noligs.
probably this was my cause for grief :-}

 > Interesting.  The original example was about -- in the <screen>
 > environment.  I'm still not quite sure whether hacking on this should
 > take place in the jadetex.dtx file or what...

better hack it in Jade's TeXFOTBuilder.cxx, to be honest,
in "TeXFOTBuilder::characters". My memory is declining with old age
--- didn't someone make this patch last year? I don't have a current
Jade source on this box

I should say that the chances of my doing any real work on JadeTeX are
pretty remote. If Joerg, Mattthias or anyone wants to take over the
maintenance, I'd be more than happy to relinquish control.

Sebastian