Re: DAVENPORT: sgml2latex for docbook?

Subject: Re: DAVENPORT: sgml2latex for docbook?
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:26:00 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> better hack it in Jade's TeXFOTBuilder.cxx, to be honest,
> in "TeXFOTBuilder::characters". My memory is declining with old age
> --- didn't someone make this patch last year? I don't have a current
> Jade source on this box

It isn't in the devel tree anyway.

> I should say that the chances of my doing any real work on JadeTeX are
> pretty remote. If Joerg, Mattthias or anyone wants to take over the
> maintenance, I'd be more than happy to relinquish control.

I won't take it over:-) However, I think the best thing is to maintain the
official version in the OpenJade development tree? Then, it is easy for me
and others to hack on it there. Is it the latest version in the
repository?

If I get some time, I will go in the direction suggested by many on this
list, against doing more in C++ (actually I like C++ as a programming
language than TeX:-), outputting low-level TeX instead of the FOT
representation.

(I don't promise everything, it is just that sometimes I touch the
backends, and then I could touch the TeX one as well if the official
version is in CVS.)

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson

> Sebastian