Re: How can I take the ID for the current-node?

Subject: Re: How can I take the ID for the current-node?
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 16:07:20 +0200 (MEST)
On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Reyes Garcia Rosado wrote:

> I have a simple question. I wanted to know if there is a command to take
> the ID for the current-node.
> 	I wanted to make something like this:
> 			DSSSL:	(element TAG-NAME
> 				   (make element gi: "NEW-" + (command
>  (current-node))))
> 	( I have supposed that the "command" return a String. I need this.)
> 	I wanted a result like:
> 			Old SGML:	<TAG-NAME>
> 					</TAG-NAME>
>
> 			New SGML:	<NEW-TAG-NAME>
> 					</NEW-TAG-NAME>
> 	Can anybody help me?

Maybe. I am not sure that you want the ID (I mean the value of attribute
of type ID), but the gi (general identifier).
Anyway, you can get both. The specification says :

<spec>
10.2.4.1. Navigation

(ancestor string osnl)
.../...
(gi osnl)

Returns the value of the gi property of the node contained in osnl or #f
if osnl is empty or if osnl has
no gi property or a null gi property.
.../...
(id osnl)

Returns the value of the id property of the node contained in osnl or #f
if osnl is empty or if osnl has no id property or a null id property.
</spec>

Could this help you ?
Jany.