Re: XSL equivalent sought.

Subject: Re: XSL equivalent sought.
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:15:35 -0400
/ DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx was heard to say:
| in xsl I can write
| 'get me the contents of element named x,
| and find it from the root
|
| select="/frontmatter/date"/>
|
| Whats the equivalent of 'go to root' in DSSSL,

(sgml-root-element) or something similar, defined as:

(define (sgml-root-element #!optional (grove-node (current-node)))
  (node-property 'document-element (node-property 'grove-root grove-node)))

|  (process-node-list (select-elements (children (children (current-node)))
| date)))

Well, naturally that'll process all of the grandchildren, not just the
frontmatter/date grandchildren. But you knew that :-)

                                        Cheers,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>      | What good is a can of worms if you