Re: Formatting_the_result

Subject: Re: Formatting_the_result
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 10:57:23 -0500
Quoting Frank A. Christoph <christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Jade's solution of adding newlines only inside tags keeps the lines short
> and never produces a different document. To do better, you need to things
> about the DTD, and currently the SGML FOT Builder doesn't. I think Brandon
> is proposing to give SGML backend the extra information it needs to resolve
> this issue.

   Actually, I was just suggesting we give users the option of having
OpenJade *not* put the newlines into the tags, and let them worry
about line length themselves, rather than having OpenJade try to sort
it out.  But, if it can be done without major frustration, I suppose
it could be very nice to give OpenJade some smarts about whitespace so
that it can split things up a little better.  *shrug*

-Brandon :)