Re: SGML declarations for subdocuments

Subject: Re: SGML declarations for subdocuments
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 23:08:45 +0200
> I'm using Jade to process documents which conform to a DTD which uses
> an SGML declaration which has NAMECASE GENERAL NO, and which has
> subdocuments.  The NAMECASE declaration seems not to apply to the
> subdocuments, though I thought it would, since subdocuments may not
> have their own SGML declaration, and must instead use the same
> declaration as their parent.

This restriction applies (unless you use the annex K extensions which
are not - yet - fully implemented in SP) to references to subdoc entities
which are resolved by the SGML parser. But your example below uses
subdoc entities in attribute values. Those are ignored by the parser;
it is the applications task to resolve them. Your style sheet does
that using sgml-parse. But this is not the same as parsing the entity
as a subdocument of the current document, it simply parses the entity
as an sgml document, using the default SGML declaration which has
NAMECASE GENERAL YES.

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606