Re: SGML declarations for subdocuments

Subject: Re: SGML declarations for subdocuments
From: Norman Gray <norman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:51:31 +0100 (BST)
Greetings,

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > This left me with the problem of how to resolve my case, and I'll
> > describe this briefly here, in case anyone else finds themself in a
> > similar situation (or can suggest anything better).
> >

> Wouldn't the simplest solution be to not make them SUBDOC entities,
> but complete documents including a declaration ?

They're author-generated documents, so I need to keep them as
uncluttered as possible (they already use shortrefs quite extensively,
to try to keep the number of angle-brackets to a minimum!).

> ... you could use the annex K extensions to put a declaration even
> on subdoc entities. This admittedly doesn't work with current SP, but
> I have a patch for this which will appear in one of the next OpenJade
> releases.

Excellent!  Yet another good reason for going over to OpenJade as soon
as I can budget the time....

Thanks,

Norman