"nested tables" in Jade&RTF ?

Subject: "nested tables" in Jade&RTF ?
From: Steve Weyer <sweyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 06:16:04 -0400
my impression is that having nested tables isn't possible due to either
Jade and/or RTF limitations.

I was wondering if there were other approaches that some of you had used.
I could go back and try to redefine my data nesting in XML, then just
include more columns in the main table (but I was hoping to avoid major
trauma to the data organization)

I had thought about embedding tab characters inside a table cell, but
wasn't sure whether/how to define tab stop positions, or define/include the
tab chars themselves.

a desperate approach might be to use a fixed font (like Courier) and pad
with spaces (uggh!) like <PRE>.

other DSSSL techniques for lining up text in nested columns?

thanks

Steve