Re: processing RTF documents

Subject: Re: processing RTF documents
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:13:34 +0100 (BST)
Ron Ross writes:

 > Thanks very much for pointing this out. I came across Majix some time
 > ago and then forgot about it. I think I shied away from relying on Java
 > on my old and squeaky machine. But based on your report, I'll give it a
 > go.

In my experience, the Omnimark RTF to XML route is probably the most
powerful, but the most work to get right. So if you plan serious daily
production work, it would be worth investing in Omnimark
expertise. If, however, you need to do occasional Word to XML
translations, want a quick interactive configuration, and are likely
to clean up by hand, then Majix gets you off the ground faster.

I gave up on the `serious' route, because I found my Word documents
were so poor that I could not automate the conversion. Given that, it
was not worth the really detailed route.

Sebastian