Re: OpenJade

Subject: Re: OpenJade
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 11:26:48 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999, Brandon Ibach wrote:

> Quoting Michael Sobolev <mss@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Does anybody use OpenJade v1.3 on Windows NT platform?
> >
>    Unfortunately, I don't, but I'm willing to take a shot at this,
> especially because I'm not so sure it's a platform-dependent issue.

I'm quite sure it is a problem with locales. OpenJade uses strtod (ISO C
function) to parse floating-point numbers. This depends on the
locale for LC_NUMERIC to be set to "C". If SP_HAVE_LOCALE is not set
during compilation, this will not happen and the dot "." may not be parsed
as a decimal point. (Since setlocale(LC_ALL, "") doesn't get called
either, this shouldn't be the case, but I don't know how things works on
WinNT.)

I sent another mail about this to jade-bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (and
the bug reporter). It is probably better to move the discussion about the
solution there.

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson

--