Re: Custom Stylesheets

Subject: Re: Custom Stylesheets
From: Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 12:10:40 -0400 (EST)
At 31 Oct 1999 01:19 -0500, Brandon Ibach wrote:
 > Quoting Bek Oberin <gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
 > > ... or to any other custom stylesheet.  I seem to get the whole document
 > > catted to stdout with weird formatting.  There are no errors in the
 > > output anywhere.
 > >
 > > Anybody know what's happening here?  It seems to me probably something
 > > about things not properly finding the default stylesheet and including
 > > it in those derivative sheets.
 > >
 >    As for the document appearing on stdout, that's the usual for the
 > SGML backend, unless (as in the case of Norm's DocBook stylesheets)
 > the output is explicitly directed to a file.

Or multiple files.

 >    I'm not sure what the nature of the "basic.dsl" file that you're
 > using is, but I'd guess that it's not derived from Norm's sheets.
 > Also, Jade doesn't have a concept of a "default" stylesheet.

Actually, Jade will fallback to opening a stylesheet named for the
system identifier of the document with any extension changed to .dsl.
It's not a universal default, and it's not the cause of Bek's problem,
but it is to some extent a default.

Regards,

Tony Graham
Tony Graham                            mailto:tgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9632