Re: openjade and DocBook: features and Unicode entity refs

Subject: Re: openjade and DocBook: features and Unicode entity refs
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:38:05 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Norman Walsh wrote:

> / Simon Pepping <spepping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
> Because the author of the stylesheets (that would be me :-) has
> no idea when this was added to OpenJade or what it means. Why is

The feature element type form is supported in the current development
code. (See 7.1.1 in the DSSSL standard.)

> link an online feature? What is the online feature set?

The scroll, multi-mode, link, marginalia flow objects are all specified to
require the online feature (see 12.6.28). To be DSSSL-comforming, you
should enable them in the style-sheet. However, to be backwards
compatible, OpenJade does nt complain for undeclared features if the
feature element is specified (unless the -s (strict) flag is given on the
command line). The exception is when a particular back-end doesn't support
a feature which gets implicitly declared. Then, OpenJade gives the
message. Actually, there was a but in the RTF back-end was that what you
used?), so it was not declared to support the online feature. This is now
fixed.

 > | 2. onsgmls does not recognize the entities as used:
> |
> | <!ENTITY larrhk	"&#x21A9;"> <!-- LEFTWARDS ARROW WITH HOOK -->
> |
> | onsgmls:/usr/local/share/sgml/dtd/docbookx-3.1.7/ent/iso-amsa.ent:15:19:E:
> | "X21A9" is not a function name
>
> You have to use the XML declaration with nsgmls if you're parsing XML
> documents.
>
> | Instead it recognizes the form shown in the documentation:
> |
> | <!ENTITY larrhk	"&U-21A9;"> <!-- LEFTWARDS ARROW WITH HOOK -->

I cant' reproduce this. Can you (the one who reported the bug:-) give a
complete example which shows this, please.

> Uh, does it really recognize that in the source? I think that would
> be a bug...

If it does, ofcourse yes.

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson