Re: openjade and DocBook: features and Unicode entity refs

Subject: Re: openjade and DocBook: features and Unicode entity refs
From: Simon Pepping <spepping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:49:06 +0100
On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 01:38:05PM +0100, Peter Nilsson wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Norman Walsh wrote:
>
> > / Simon Pepping <spepping@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
> > Because the author of the stylesheets (that would be me :-) has
> > no idea when this was added to OpenJade or what it means. Why is
>
> The feature element type form is supported in the current development
> code. (See 7.1.1 in the DSSSL standard.)
>
> > link an online feature? What is the online feature set?
> >
> The scroll, multi-mode, link, marginalia flow objects are all specified to
> require the online feature (see 12.6.28). To be DSSSL-comforming, you
> should enable them in the style-sheet. However, to be backwards
> compatible, OpenJade does nt complain for undeclared features if the
> feature element is specified (unless the -s (strict) flag is given on the
> command line). The exception is when a particular back-end doesn't support
> a feature which gets implicitly declared. Then, OpenJade gives the
> message. Actually, there was a but in the RTF back-end was that what you
> used?), so it was not declared to support the online feature. This is now
> fixed.

I used the tex and the sgml backends, with openjade 1.4devel from CVS
28 October.

Adding these features I get the following messages:

in custom-print.dsl:
<features>online expression query simple-page table cross-reference</features>

>openjade -t tex -d custom-print.dsl sample2.sgml
openjade:W: feature "online" not supported
openjade:W: feature "query" only partially supported

in custom-html.dsl:
<features>expression query simple-page cross-reference</features>

>openjade -t sgml -d custom-html.dsl sample2.sgml
openjade:W: feature "simple-page" not supported
openjade:W: feature "query" only partially supported

I also had to change DTD:
<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//OpenJade//DTD DSSSL Specification//EN" [

Regards,
Simon Pepping

--
Simon Pepping