Re: your mail

Subject: Re: your mail
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:18:50 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Peter Sognefur wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am a student who wants to use Jade in one of my school projects. Bet each
> time I use it I get this error message:
>
> jade -f error.log -t rtf -wno-valid -d converter.dsl -o test.rtf test.xml
> H:\Project\Software\Jade\jade.exe:<OSFD>0:1:0:E: carachter "j" not allowed
> in prolog
I seems that you have something wrong in your xml file. I am not sure if
this is the prolog of the xml. Which DTD do you use ?

> Why!? I am not an expert in this area, just a begginer. But it would help me
> a lot if I could use Jade in my project.

As you are processing xml files, I think that you will have to use the
sgml declaration xml.dcl that you have downloaded with jade.
Something like :
jade ......... -d converter.dsl -o test.rtf xml.dcl test.xml

> We use Windows NT4 at my school.
lika illa här
(No, it's a joke)

Jany.