RE: Jade

Subject: RE: Jade
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:52:18 -0500
Hi Peter,

Simple, look closely the following answer because I think somebody already
answered that question.

Your command line is:
jade -f error.log -t rtf -wno-valid -d converter.dsl -o test.rtf test.xml

it should be
jade -f error.log -t rtf -wno-valid -d converter.dsl -o test.rtf xml.dcl
test.xml

jade -f error.log -t rtf -wno-valid -d converter.dsl -o
test.rtf ---->xml.dcl<----- test.xml

If you pay attention, what is added is the xml declaration "xml.dcl". Why do
we have to add this?
SP is an SGML parser and needs an SGML declaration. Because your document is
an XML document,
you then need a special kind of declaration for xml documents. It is the
"xml.dcl" file.

Otherwise you command line is OK. The document will be parsed without any
validation performed on it and thus, it does not need a DTD (as it is
ussually the case for SGML documents).

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx