RE: Jade

Subject: RE: Jade
From: "Dudley, Mark" <Mark.Dudley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 08:48:19 -0500
Peter,

I had this problem with one of the authors I was working with. As I
attempted to debug the problem I found that he was clicking on the jade.exe
icon from Explorer in Windows NT and attempting to run the command line from
the window that was displayed. As he did this he got the same error you are
receiving. The command lines were not meant to be run in this way.

To get around the error simply open a DOS window from your Start menu
(Start>Programs>Command Prompt or something like that) and navigate to the
directory your jade.exe is contained in using the standard DOS commands. You
can also run the jade executable from any directory as long as you give the
full relative or absolute path to is from any directory. Just know that it
has to be run from the DOS window instead of opening a window by double
clicking on jade.exe from Explorer or Program Manager.

No Windows voodoo...

Mark