Re: Jade

Subject: Re: Jade
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:28:21 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Peter Sognefur wrote:

> I cant find anything wrong....but I still got the same error message....
>
> jade -f error.log -t rtf -wno-valid -d converter.dsl -o test.rtf test.xml
> H:\Project\Software\Jade\jade.exe:<OSFD>0:1:0:E: carachter "j" not allowed
> in prolog
>
> The "j" charachter is the first "j" in jade on the first row. I can write
> anything a want....like:

This gave me the hint I needed. It seems like you are first running jade,
then entering the command line. Jade thinks that the command line is the
first line of the SGML document to be parsed. You have to enter the above
as command line arguments to the program jade, and not as input. Remember
that jade is a command line application, not a GUI one.

Good luck with your project.

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson

--