Rendering to PDF and PS

Subject: Rendering to PDF and PS
From: Gary Stainburn <gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:40:38 -0000
Hi all,

I know that the real answers to these are RTFM, and I am working through Docbook:TDG when I can, but I need quick fixes for the following problems I have rendering to PDF and PS.

I've installed the Docbook tools RH5.2 RPMS from cygnus.

1) the revision details get rendered without spaces (even if I put spaces inside the tags).
becomes
Revision 1.05 November 1999

3)  Footnotes are placed at the end of chapters and not at the foot of the page.

I'm in the awkward position of possibly having egg on my face.  Being new to sgml etc., I was a quick and eager convert.  I then went on a pilgrimage trying to convert my colleagues saying how great it is because you don't have to worry about formatting - it's done for you.  Now I'm overdue publishing the first decent sized document because of formatting problems.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Gary Stainburn.
Work: http://www.ringways.co.uk gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REVCOM: http://www.revcom.dhs.org http://www.revcom.org.uk gary.stainburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx