Re: line-field usage

Subject: Re: line-field usage
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:26:04 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Pawson, David wrote:

> I have a wrapper <progress> which contains para elements.
>
> I'm  being asked for an appearance of:
>
> Progress     para begins here, not on line below
> 	      and wraps to 1.5 inches.
> 	      Other paras need to follow here

[...]

> (element progress
>  (make paragraph
>    start-indent: 1.5in
>     first-line-start-indent: -1.5in
>     (make sequence
>     (make line-field
>       field-width: 1.5in
>       (literal "Progress"))
>       (process-matching-children "para"))))

Did you try something like:

(element progress
  (let ((my-children (select-elements (children (current-node)) 'para)))
    (sosofo-append
      (make paragraph
        ; ...
        (sosofo-append
          (make line-field ;... ;)
          (process-node-list
            (children (node-list-first my-children)))))
      (process-node-list (node-list-rest (my-children))))))

Ofcourse, there are other solutions as well. You could, for example,
process the first para with a special processing mode.

(The above is not tested, obiously:-)

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson

--