Re: following white space

Subject: Re: following white space
From: Holger Klawitter <holger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 14:27:57 +0100
Peter Bennett wrote:

> I am currently learning XML and DSSSL and am currently converting XML to
> HTML
>
> all appears fine, but I need to add a decent amount of whitespace under
> a processed xml element.
>
> I  want to do this by, appending make element "BR" in my style sheet.
>
> The problem is that, the appended element(s) end up encasing the
> original element in the final HTML.
>
> e.g. I end up with <BR><BR>my element</BR></BR>   rather than the
> desired  my element<BR></BR><BR></BR>

You are trying

(make element gi: "br" (make element gi: "br")), don't you? This means
(make element gi: "br" (make element gi: "br" (process-children)))
and put the contents of current-node inside two elements called "br".

You probably want to do

(make sequence
	(process-children)
	(make element gi: "br" (empty-sosofo))
	(make element gi: "br" (empty-sosofo))
)

But as you are converting to HTML you should produce empty elements as
in

(make sequence
	(process-children)
	(make empty-element gi: "br")
	(make empty-element gi: "br")
)

HTH,
	Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                                     +49 (0)251 484 0637
holger@xxxxxxxxxxxx                             http://www.klawitter.de/