Re: node properties (was: Re: passthrough and empty elements.)

Subject: Re: node properties (was: Re: passthrough and empty elements.)
From: Oisin McGuinness <oisin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 99 10:06:19 -0500
Jon Haugsland wrote:
>>   (if (node-property "must-omit-end-tag?" node)

>I guessed this information was lurking somewhere. In fact, I tried to
>disclose it from the dsssl specification, but, alas, I could not find
>it. How come you know all about it? So, is there any "complete" list
>of node properties anywhere?

Section 9.6 of the DSSSL standard describes the SGML Property set.
In the PDF version I have, this starts on page 85; the particular definition
for  "must omit end tag" is on page 110, near the bottom:
<propdef rcsnm=momitend appnm="must omit end tag" datatype=boolean
clause="b2209">
(See page 104 for "omit end tag".)
And 10.1.5, 10.1.6 explain how the "application names" are transformed into
propnames suitable for use in node-property; "must omit end tag" transforms
to 'must-omit-end-tag?, 10.1.6 says either the rcsnm or a symbol or string
representing the property name can be used as the first argument of node-property.

I believe someone has made some HTML pages listing all the properties; I'm
not sure where it is. Much more readable than section 9.6 anyway.

Oisin McGuinness

Sumitomo Bank Capital Markets
277 Park Avenue
New York NY 10172