Re: Pictures

Subject: Re: Pictures
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 16:06:43 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Peter Sognefur wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to see the pictures I marked up in XML, in Word after the convertion
> to RTF. But I don't really know how to do it. This is some samples of my
> XML, DTD and DSL code:
>
> <!ELEMENT picture   EMPTY>
> <!ATTLIST picture
>   source	IDREFS	#IMPLIED
>
> <teacher>
>     <personal>
.../...
>     </classes>
>   </teacher>
>
> (element picture
> 	(make paragraph
> 		quadding: 	center
> 		(process-children-trim)))
>
> As you probably can see...I have no idea how to do it...But I want to try.
>
> Thanx!!
>
> /Peter
Hi Peter
Your purpose is :
1- when the parser encounters  a picture element
  (element picture
2- to create a graphical object
    (make external-graphic display?: #t
3- whose file source name is
                   entity-system-id:
4- the value of attribute source of this element.
                                   (attribute-string "source" )))
This should do the trick :
  (element picture
    (make external-graphic display?: #t
                   entity-system-id: (attribute-string "source" )))

This is rather simplistic but should work, if I didn't type a typo.
Have a look at the spec (there is an HTML version which is really very
easy to use, more than the printed one which is ... thick).
Chapter is :
12.6.15. External-graphic Flow Object Class
The attributes I use here are :
display?: is a boolean specifying whether the flow object shall be
          displayed rather than inlined. This
          characteristic is not inherited. The default value is #f.

entity-system-id: is a string specifying the system identifier of the
                  entity containing the external graphic or
                  #f if the entity has no system identifier. This
                  characteristic is not inherited and shall be specified.

There are a lot of attributes that you can use for your images.

BTW, does anyone know where is it possible to find this HTML version of
ISO/IEC 10179 ? I downloaded it and can't remeber where from.

Jany.